INVITATION TO TENDER
FOR LEICESTER BLACK HISTORY SEASON (BHS)
Deadline for tenders 13.00 Monday 2 March 2009
Black History Season is an annual event that takes place at various venues around the city. The season is programmed by key venues and promoters. We are seeking an organisation with the ability and capacity to co-ordinate the season which runs from beginning of October until the end of November and is core funded and marketed by Leicester City Council.
The successful organisation would be required to assign a designated person to fulfil the role of season co-ordinator. This person would commit one (agreed) day per week to work on BHS and would liaise with the lead officer for BHS at Leicester City Council’s Festivals Unit. The organisation would be required to provide the co-ordinator with office space and administration facilities such as telephone and use of a computer.
The co-ordinator can be from the managing organisation’s existing staff or could be freelance and contracted to deliver the project or employed on fixed term contract. All management of this post would be through the selected organisation.
Successful applicants for this tender will need to demonstrate:
- A proven record of delivering similar projects.
- The ability to work to programming and media deadlines.
- A robust equal opportunities policy or statement.
- Appropriate skills and knowledge of the work involved.
- The ability to work within a consortium of venues.
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
The BHS consortium meets once per month to develop the BHS programme. The co-ordinators main role is to organise these meetings and to compile the finished programme ready to deliver to LCC marketing for printing and distribution of the brochure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To book monthly meetings and inform consortium members of date, time and venue.
- To take minutes at meetings and distribute to consortium members.
- To collate text and images from promoters and venues in order to assemble the draft content of BHS brochure ready for design and printing.
- To collate all attendance and user figures (performance indicators) in an acceptable format for LCC monitoring and to deliver to LCC on agreed date following the completion of BHS.
- To maintain and develop the BHS contacts database and contacts lists.
- To liaise, network and engage with other organisations relevant to BHS and to be the main Leicester contact for local, regional, national and international black history organisations.
Mainstream Partnership, Invitation to Tender for Black History Season, 02/09/2009
Donated by Mainstream Partnership Ltd: (Serendipity have worked in collaboration with Mainstream Partnership Ltd, with Representative Douglas Beoku-Betts who have given permission to re-publish documents).